The blackly (and the green ones) have been growing in numbers over the last few weeks and finally the ladybirds have started to arrive. I hope that they eat quickly. We were away last weekend and, knowing that there would be a poor signal, I took a leave of absence for the first time in several years. The heat and a bit of rain certainly made the garden grow while I was absent and I’ve been playing catch-up this week.
- The Hostas are starting to flower.
- As is this Honeysuckle. I grew the original from a stray shoot that came from a neighbour’s garden about 30 years ago. At night, when I put food out for the hedgehog, the whole garden is scented by it.
- The glasshouse is just visible in the above photo. If you were to walk through the arch by it (not visible) and look back this would be your view.
- Turn 180 degrees and now you’re looking at the long border. Here’s a couple of todays favourites.
As you can see the Forget-me-Not seedlings are taking over.
- And in front of the above is
- I haven’t shown any succulents for a while so here are the plants on one step of a succulent ladder (built by the Non-Gardener).
On the same step is
Work today then some gardening time tomorrow (hopefully). The things to do list is growing much quicker than the things done one. I’m sure that the plants I really, really want if only I could find some space list will get longer as I catch up with other Sixers at https://thepropagatorblog.wordpress.com/
Thanks for looking in, have a great weekend.